Friday, April 26, 2013

Brownies without wheat

I have been staying away from wheat for a number of reasons. I found that baking without wheat is tough. Well, it is possible, but it doesn't always taste very good. I found a few recipes for wheatless brownies and tried them this week. The first was a brownie made from black beans.

It is one can of black beans, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, eggs, coconut oil, and I believe there is baking soda in there. Here are some pictures of the process.




 These black bean brownies were....meh....ok. They weren't super duper good. I found a recipe with even less ingredients that is so outrageously good, I wanted to dance. MMM!
The ingredients : 4 eggs, 1 cups cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 cup coconut sugar, dash of salt. I threw in a bit of coconut flour because I didn't have quite enough cocoa powder. Mix these together. Pour into a greased 4x8 pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment